Sometimes the never ending duties of motherhood can become so exhausting that you begin to feel discouraged about life. It can be very reassuring to know that you are not the only mother in the world who feels overwhelmed with life and constantly has a pile of laundry overflowing the laundry basket. I have found this list of quotes to be very uplifting and inspirational to me whenever I am feeling this way, so I am sharing it with you if you ever need a “pick-me-up” also.
Heart of Motherhood Quotes
1. A mother’s love- it is amazing and wonderful.
Before you were conceived I wanted you, Before you were born I loved you, Before you were here an hour I would die for you. This is the miracle of life.
2. Thinking about how much love I feel for my baby automatically resolves any momentary anger I may have with her.
The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.
-Honoré de Balzac
3. This is a minor example of how willingly a mother will sacrifice out of love for her family.
A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.
4. I feel like this now that my baby is learning to walk and every possible face plant makes my heart jump into my throat.
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
5. Just so you know how important a mother’s love for her child is…
Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.
-Marion C. Garretty
6. All mothers seem to find an amazing ability to endure much more than would seem possible, and that is part of what makes motherhood so inspiring.
A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.
7. This endurance also produces a special bond all mothers have with each other- we know what other mothers have been through and we understand.
Working mothers are guinea pigs in a scientific experiment to show that sleep is not necessary to human life.
8. I have learned that raising a baby is a continuous lesson on how much a mother can endure.
You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.
-Franklin P. Jones
9. Multitasking is essential to motherhood- hopefully I will master it one of these days.
Any mother could perform the jobs of several air traffic controllers with ease.-Lisa Alther
10. A mother’s love will endure anything- it is unconditional.
A mother’s love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking.
Power of Motherhood Quotes
11. If you stop to think about childbirth, you can almost feel sorry for men because they can’t understand how empowering it is.
Women’s Liberation is just a lot of foolishness. It’s the men who are discriminated against. They can’t bear children. And no one’s likely to do anything about that.
12. The influence of a mother can be a very powerful weapon, and that is something all mothers should keep in mind. Click here to read the entire poem from which this quote is taken.
…For the hand that rocks the cradle
Is the hand that rules the world…
-William Ross Wallace
13. To think of our greatest president had that much respect for his mother is a very powerful thing, she helped make this nation great.
My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.
14. Here’s a reality check for you if you ever feel like being a full time mom is not a very important job.
Parents have the glorious opportunity of being the most powerful influence, above and beyond any other, on the new lives that bless their homes.
-L. Tom Perry
15. It was amazing to feel that unbreakable bond between mother and baby when I first held my precious newborn.
The tie which links mother and child is of such pure and immaculate strength as to be never violated.
Funny Motherhood Quotes
16. Last of all here are some laughs to cheer you up, because motherhood is funny too.
The quickest way for a parent to get a child’s attention is to sit down and look comfortable.
17. I have been here before, and I’ve only been trying this whole parenting gig for about 9 months now.
No matter how calmly you try to referee, parenting will eventually produce bizarre behavior, and I’m not talking about the kids.
18. After having worked in a daycare, I can completely understand this sentiment.
When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they’re finished, I climb out.
19.The general concept of motherhood doesn’t seem very logical, but it really does have it’s own rewards and blessings.
It would seem that something which means poverty, disorder and violence every single day should be avoided entirely, but the desire to beget children is a natural urge.
20. Sometimes I wonder about this myself- we always seem to have way too many undesired leftovers in my house.
The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found.
21. For those times when you feel unimportant just remember what Mark Twain said.
What would men be without women? Scarce, sir, mighty scarce.